Newk’s Eatery Items:
- Farmer’s Market Sandwich: Grilled squash, zucchini and portobello mushrooms topped with caramelized onions, Gouda cheese, sliced tomatoes and spinach, on bread with cayenne-spiked basil mayonnaise, $7.99
- Arugula and Prosciutto Pizza (pictured): Sliced prosciutto di Parma and arugula tossed in lemon–basil vinaigrette over ricotta and mozzarella cheese baked on a crust brushed with rosemary olive oil, $8.99
- Grilled Veggie Salad: Grilled zucchini, eggplant and asparagus basted with a blend of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, layered with roasted corn, sundried tomatoes, green onions and Romaine lettuce tossed with balsamic dressing, $9.99
- Kale Caesar Salad: Parmesan cheese, croutons and Caesar dressing on a bed of kale, $4.99
- Bowtie Caesar Pasta Salad: Bowtie pasta, Romaine lettuce, sundried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, croutons tossed in anchovy-free Caesar dressing, $5.99
- Bowtie Pesto Pasta Salad: Bowtie pasta, grape tomatoes and feta cheese tossed in basil-garlic pesto sauce, $5.99
Availability: Through summer 2016
Newk’s Serves Up Prosciutto, Grilled Veggies and Fresh Summer SaladsNewk's Brings Grilled Seasonal Produce and Five Fresh Salads to the Table with New Summer
Speaking to the season, Newk’s Eatery’s fresh introductions bring to the table iconic summer flavors with grilled vegetables, fresh summer salads and savory imported prosciutto. This summer, guests will be able to enjoy four new salad choices, including the Grilled Veggie Salad, Kale Caesar Salad, Bowtie Caesar Pasta Salad and Bowtie Pesto Pasta Salad. Newk’s summer menu also features the new Farmer’s Market Sandwich, an Arugula and Prosciutto Pizza and the return of the seasonal favorite Red, White and Blueberry Salad.
Served hot off the grill, Newk’s Grilled Veggie Salad features a fresh mix of zucchini, eggplant and asparagus, grilled in-house and basted with a savory blend of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to enhance the vegetables’ natural garden-fresh flavors. Layered in with house-roasted sweet corn, sundried tomatoes, green onions and crisp Romaine fillets, the Grilled Veggie Salad’s smoky taste is complemented by the rich flavors of Newk’s homemade balsamic dressing.
For sandwich lovers, Newk’s Farmer’s Market Sandwich delivers that same grilled flavor with grilled squash, zucchini and portabella mushrooms— topped with caramelized onions, imported Gouda cheese, sliced tomatoes and fresh spinach. The sandwich is finished off with Newk’s new creamy house-made basil mayo, which carries a hint of summer heat with a pinch of cayenne pepper seamlessly blended with fresh chopped basil.
Basil makes a second appearance with Newk’s Bowtie Pesto Pasta Salad— a light fusion of bowtie pasta, grape tomatoes and feta cheese, tossed in basil and garlic pesto sauce. Putting a new spin on a classic dish, Newk’s Bowtie Caesar Pasta Salad tosses bowtie pasta in with crisp Romaine lettuce, sundried tomatoes, imported Parmesan cheese, house-made croutons and anchovy-free Caesar dressing.
For a healthy alternative, Newk’s Kale Caesar Salad features imported Parmesan cheese, house-made croutons and house-made Caesar dressing on a bed of fresh Kale leaves. Guests can take any of these salads to the next level by adding their choice of shrimp, salmon or chicken.
Rounding out Newk’s summer menu, Newk’s Arugula and Prosciutto Pizza pairs delicately-sliced imported Prosciutto di Parma with peppery Arugula that has been tossed in Newk’s signature lemon basil vinaigrette dressing. The sumptuous blend is served over a base of creamy ricotta and shredded mozzarella cheeses, oven-baked on Newk’s artisan dough that is brushed with house-made rosemary olive oil for a full-bodied flavor experience.
Newk’s guest-favorite Red, White and Blueberry Salad is also returning for the summer, serving up a fresh seasonal mix of juicy sliced watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, feta cheese and pecans, topped with a sweet fat-free raspberry vinaigrette.